Thursday 25 August 2011

My First Blood Sugar Update - August 2011

idealized curves of human blood glucose and in...Image via WikipediaThis is my first progress update in my personal battle with type 2 diabetes, everything I've read so far says it's important to record your blood sugar levels in order to track progress but also to allow you to determine if there's anything you're doing wrong.  Because I'm only type 2 and on medication I don't track my blood sugar levels throughout the day and I've had no requests to do so from any medical professionals.  Whilst that remains the case I'm more than happy to have the occasional blood test to check my Hb1Ac counts.

Here's an overview on my HbA1c counts since I was diagnosed.

  • April 2009=10.5% (14.6mmol/L) Fasted test - first noticed but not followed up
  • April 2011=13.3% (19.8mmol/L) Fasted test - test used to confirm diagnosis
  • May 2011=10.5% (14.6mmol/L),
  • June 2011=8.9% (11.7mmol/L)
  • end of July 2011 = 7.4% (8.9mmol/L)
Apparently it needs to be between 4.5mmol/L and 6 or 6.5mmol/L.  I'm not certain of that as I've had no contact from the diabetes clinic since diagnosis and I'm still waiting for an appointment.  It would be nice to know what my target is.

All of this remarkable progress has been done using oral medication and a couple of life-style changes. I've cut down on biscuits,and chocolate is currently a no-no or in extremely small portions.  Desserts and cakes have gone or have been swapped for low or sugar free varieties such as oat cakes.  I make sure I've plenty of water to drink throughout the day and I'm using oatcakes if I fancy a snack between meals.  I've bought some granulated sweetener for cooking and baking so I'll write about my experiences with that when I try it out.

I'm not due for another test until the end of September so my next blood sugar report will be around that time.  So far I'm extremely happy with what I've achieved and it's not just down to taking tablets.  I'm hoping to be somewhere around 6%-7% when I'm next tested.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone! my name is Noah, I'm writing this article to appreciate the good work of DR AKHIGBE that helped me recently to bring back my wife that left me for another man for the past 6 months. After seeing a comment of a woman on the internet testifying of how she was helped by DR AKHIGBE I also decided to contact him for help because all i wanted was for me to get my wife, happiness and to make sure that my child grows up with his mother 'I love my wife' Am happy today that he helped me and i can proudly say that my wife is now with me again and she is now in love with me like never before. Are you in need of any help in your relationship like getting back your man, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend or loves and family relationship.  Viewers reading my post that needs the help of DR AKHIGBE should contact him via E-mail: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com You  can also call or contact him via whatsapp +2348142454860  He also cure deadly diseases and virus with his natural herbal medicine herbs.  like
    HIV/AIDS,  HERPES,  ASTHMA,  EPILEPSY,MENINGITIS,  NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,  STROKE,  PARKINSON DISEASE,  EXTERNAL INFECTION,  CANCER,  INFLUENZA,  DIABETES,  CHRONIC DISEASE,  HEPATITIS A&B AND OTHERS. his email again:  drrealakhigbe@gmail.com                number : +2348142454860          

    ReplyDelete